One way in which Directions for Living continuously works toward our vision is through passionately implementing a variety of Prevention, Wellness, and Recovery-focused services. These services are centered on serving the children, adults, and families in the Tampa Bay area who can benefit from enhanced or specialized programs for their needs, from street outreach for the homeless to a peer-run wellness and recovery center, where the road to recovery is made easier with friends. Our Prevention, Wellness, and Recovery Services include:
- Case Management provides recovery-based and individualized supports for those persons with a severe and persistent mental illness through assessment, planning, linkage, advocacy, coordination and monitoring. This service is offered to children and adults.
- Pharmacy Services are provided by QoL meds at our Clearwater Center for the convenience of those we serve. The integration of this full service pharmacy assists in timely and convenient access to prescriptions.
- Homeless Services help adults and families living without homes, or at risk of homelessness, by linking them to a variety of resources and providing psychiatric care throughout the community, including at local shelters. Directions for Living provides premier homeless outreach through four street outreach teams, each comprised of a dedicated Case Manager paired with a Law Enforcement Officer, throughout Pinellas County, as well as serving as the behavioral health provider for the Mobile Medical Unit for Pinellas County.
- Early Childhood Consultation provides in-home parenting skills training for parents and on-site training for child care personnel. Our early childhood specialists offer training in caring for infants, toddlers and preschoolers (0-5) and provide coordination to our therapy services for those with more intensive behavioral and emotional problems.
- Psychological Testing is a service provided to children or adults seeking testing for a variety of psychological, cognitive, and / or behavioral disorders.
If you are interested in accessing any of these services, please contact our Directions for Living Call Center by calling (727) 524-4464.